Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Taste of India

Saturday March 28 2009
We celebrated my cousin's surprise 40th birthday at the Spicy South Restaurant in Subiaco last night. I am a big fan of Indian food and couldn't wait to get stuck into the Butter Chicken ( a personal favourite of mine).

After the birthday girl arrived we were treated to a set menu of Garlic Prawns and rice for entrees and a choice of Tandoor Chicken or Spicy Mackarel for our mains. The Garlic Prawns and rice were delightful and the perfect way to start our Indian journey and because I LOVE Butter Chicken Chef Kumar bent the rules a little and allowed myself and the birthday girl leverage on our main meal serving me my Butter Chicken and her a larger portion of the Mackarel.

My Butter Chicken was divine - creamy, spicy yet not overpowering and oh so yummy. The night was pleasantly finished off with Black Forrest birthday cake for desert and I was left more than satisfied on another visit to India!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...