Wednesday, August 19, 2009

An Australian Birthday!

Tuesday February 17 2009
February has been such a busy month for my family with birthdays, weddings and overseas visitors - just crazy. On this particular evening we decided to surprise my cousin Veronica visiting from Portugal with a visit to a crazy little Italian place called Osteria Dei Sappori in Nedlands. My fiance and I came across it a couple of years ago after his family surprised him with a birthday dinner there also.

At first glance you think it's your average Italian restaurant but the longer you stay the more you appreciate the surpises that Franco and Mario pull on their unsuspecting patrons. Just as Veronica came to find out as the night progressed.

I decided to order both my entree and main off the specials menu and as per previous visits I was very happy with my choices. The six large, grilled prawns drizzled with olive oil and served with a slice of lemon were just delightful and the perfect way to start my dining experience. The grilled veal with parmesan and roasted vegetables was next. As always it was cooked to my liking - medium and filled my tummy just right. It's the same meal I order everytime I visit this eating establishment and much too my fiance's horror, it never ever disappoints.

After dinner we digested as Franco and Mario continued to entertain their patrons, taking Veronica by surprise with a rendition of Happy Brithday and cake presentation.

Osteria Dei Sappori offers lots of laughs, quality food and reasonable prices - I suggest you pop a date in your diary to visit it soon!


Belinda enjoying the prawns at Osteria Dei Sappori

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...