Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Another Girlie Lunch

Friday July 17 2009
Girlie lunches are so much fun, even more so when you have gorgeous wine and yummy food and where we found this was Banca Cafe off Wanneroo Road in Tuart Hill.

I've been to Banca a couple of times and from memory it was pretty damn good and after choosing our last girlie venue (see below) I was hoping it would still be that way - and it was!!!

Owner Joe Fiorda runs the smooth operating restaurant and unlike its namesake it's nothing like waiting in a bank queue (Banca was originally the Tuart Hill Commonwealth Bank). The staff are pleasant, attentive and definitely looked after us on this occasion.

I knew it was going to be a long afternoon when my cousin started with a bottle of the Giesen Estate Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc and we clinked our glasses to every toast imaginable.

On my hit-list were the starters which included Garlic bread, Marinated Olives and Fetta and a serve of Italian Sausageand for my main I went the Papardelle.

The starters went down a treat and mixing and matching these little treats are just the way I love to eat, a littlew bit of this and a little bit of that and you feel like you're not missing out on anything.

The main well, was sensational. I don't often eat pasta out as my mother-in-law does a pretty good job of it at home but after seeing two Italian ladies making it fresh in the kitchen I knew it would be worth a try. The colourful dish was filled with red peppers, fetta, olives and Italian sausage and was something I could imagine eating in a Tuscan Villa - just gorgeous.

You would probably think that I was full by this stage but no I wanted more and so for dessert I just had to have the Sticky Toffee Pudding. Loosening my belt this certainly pushed me over the edge but I enjoyed every tablespoon of it. Served with ice-cream and you betcha cream this was scrumptious!

All in all Banca Cafe is a great place to try and somewhere I will visit again soon.


Banca's Papardelle - oh so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...