Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Allergic Reaction

Sunday April 5 2009
There are three things I'm allergic to; pesto, avocado and Kiwi fruit. I avoid them at all costs, so why on my pleasant visit to The Royal did I decide to eat a chicken pesto pasta dish?? Your guess is as good as mine.

Put it this way I love pesto, I also love Kiwi fruit but somehow they do things to my body that nobody should put up with as was the case last night. The Royal had a heap of delicious meals on the menu which included a steak burger and chips, calamari and other pasta dishes but because the dish I chose was not available I thought I'd try the chicken pesto pasta, surely I'd be ok - right? After all it was just a little bit of pesto.

The dish itself was lovely and went down well with a lemon, lime and bitters (of course). The staff (particualarly their Brazilian waiter) well they too were fantastic and ever so helpful. But whether it was the mix of the cream and pesto together or the fact that I am allergic to pesto all together made for a very unpleasant afternoon and evening.

Needless to say I won't be ordering that again....whoops my bad!


Me and the yummy pasta dish in question!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...