Saturday, July 21, 2012

Steph Audino's Seaside Sanctuary - Five Minutes with the Designer Behind the Label

Having just come from a Northern Hemisphere Summer and seeing all the beautiful pastels and neon colours that are coming our way - I cannot tell you how excited I am to experience another spring/summer season. Everything is flowy, floral, pretty and bright which brings me to the latest collection of my favourite Perth designer Steph Audino.

I was introduced to Steph by a family friend last year and we have formed a strong friendship ever since. She shares my love for beautiful things and reflects it in her designs. Recently announced as one of the designers to feature at this year's Perth Fashion Festival in the Designer Capsule 2 alongside Perth designers Kim Barton and Garth Cook - she is just hitting her stride.

In my latest interview with Steph we talk about Seaside Sanctuary her Spring/Summer Collection inspired by the ocean - featuring beautiful pastel pinks, purples, blues and her staples black and white.

Here's what she had to say:

What do you love about spring/summer?
SA: I love the mood it sets, especially on a summer night. Everyone just seems to always be in the mood to dress up and look and feel a bit glam!

What is your favourite item from new collection?
SA: Its a tie between a few - my favourite items from my ready-to-wear collection would have to be the Zelia Print Anemone Maxi ; Sierra Bodysuit and from the Couture Collection it would have to be the Chloe Gown.

Which celebrity do you want to see rocking a Steph Audino gown?SA: Ooooo lets see, in terms of international celebs it would have to Giuliana Rancic and Sarah Jessica Parker. Nationally would be Ricki-Lee, Delta Goodrem, Dani Minouge and now while she is in the country Mel B. It would be so great to see Mel B, someone who I adored as a kid and now as an adult, wearing any one of my pieces.


What item from the collection can every IT girl rock?
SA: I think the Willow Dress and the Tallulah Dress. They are both so easy to wear and flattering, suiting every woman's shape.

Where is your dream seaside sanctuary  and who would you like to be stuck there with? 
SA: My dream seaside sanctuary would be in Bora Bora. Lazing in the sun with a sketch pad, a pencil and a Mojito with John Legend Singing to me haha!!!
It would also be great to have all my friends and family (including my favorite blogger Cooking in Choos) there. Just having a great time dancing, swimming, relaxing and John Legend singing to all of us.
 


To keep up to date with the designer and to find out more about her debut at this year’s Perth Fashion Festival LIKE Steph Audino on Facebook.
Anemone Maxi and Sierra Body Suit
Anemone Maxi & Sierra Bodysuit

Willow Dress with Zelia Print

Willow Dress

Cora Bodice and Zelia Print Skirt (beaded)
Tallulah Dress
Steph (centre) with from L-R Me, Nine Network News Presenter Ebbeny Faranda, Steph's mum Connie and my sister-in-law Daniela Mastrocola at our April in Paris event which Steph Audino proudly supported & happily dressed us all.

MODEL | TIFFANY WARNE @ CHADWICK MODELS
PHOTOGRAPHER | LUKE THOMPSON @ ALL OF THE ABOVE CREATIVE
STYLIST | EMMA BERGMEIRE @ ALL OF THE ABOVE CREATIVE
MAKE UP | REBECCA JOANNE @ ALL OF THE ABOVE CREATIVE
HAIR | ELICIA RUDD @ E HAIR & MAKE UP 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...