Friday, November 18, 2011

Jus Right

SERVING UP THE PERFECT BURGER IS HARDER THAN IT LOOKS, BUT ONE PERTH BURGER BAR IS CONSISTENTLY HITTING THE MARK. BY BELINDA CIPRIANO
   
What makes a good burger - ah-mazing? I get this question asked of me a lot. To some it’s the delicious, tender patty, while for others it’s the sweet taste of the relish or a combination of both.
   Like most people, I love a good burger and when asked who makes the best in the city I have got to give it to Jus Burgers, time and time again.
   Jus Burgers, the brainchild of foodie Justin Bell, opened its first store in Leederville in January 2009 and has since expanded to Subiaco, Fremantle and more recently Northbrige.
   And while the Guvnor, Spanish Snag, Mullet and Pommy all sound like a prelude to a cheesy joke, they are in fact all names of the delicious burgers available at this burger bar/institution.
   On my recent visit to Jus, I ordered the Pommy Burger with a side of onion rings while my friend ordered the Spanish Snag with a serve of chips.
   My Pommy burger was just as I remembered it – how could I forget (I don’t even look at menu anymore, even though I should) it’s the only burger I order off the menu and it never, ever fails to disappoint.
   Western Australian Amelia Park Beef, which is Meat Standards Australia approved, hormone free, char-grilled, cheddar and back bacon served on a Turkish bun with homemade aioli, relish, lettuce, tomato and Spanish onion – this burger is to die for – especially for those who are a bit more carnivorous.
   The Spanish Snag devoured by my friend was equally delicious and similar to the Pommy burger but served with chorizo sausage and sweet red peppers instead.
   Our sides were just the right size and having never tasted the Jus’ onion rings, I have to say I was impressed.
   Made fresh daily, as with everything served up by Jus, these delightful rings were the perfect accompaniment to my delicious burger and left me more than satisfied.
   I love what Justin Bell has brought to Western Australia and the way he supports WA growers and suppliers but most of all I like that his burgers are always jus right!
   JUS BURGERS NORTHBRIDGE
   Open:
   Monday and Sunday 11.30am to 9pm Tuesday to Saturday 11.30am to 10pm
   Where:
   Shop 11/189 William St Northbridge 9227 0668 www.jusburgers.com.au 
HUNGRY FOR IT Jus Burgers director Justin Bell tucks in to a Pommy burger 

The delicious Pommy with a side of onion rings.

1 comment:

  1. I visited Jus burgers in Subiaco last time I was in Perth. I had a blue cheese one, It was delicious I will be going back there in March. We need a Jus burgers on the Gold Coast

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...