Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Recipe - Easy Creme Brulee

  • My husband is a big fan of Creme Brulee but I've always been a little scared to attempt it myself, that is, until Saturday. I found a super easy recipe care of French favourite Guillaume Brahimi and put my twist on it. Here it is and FYI it was delicious and easier than I first thought!

    Serves 4 

Ingredients
  • 300ml pure cream
  • 200ml milk
  • 100g egg yolks (from 5 eggs)
  • 70g caster sugar
  • 30g demerara sugar
*For a sweet twist add two drops of vanilla essence or 1 vanilla pod scraping the seeds into the milk and cream mixture.


Method:
  • Preheat oven to 130°C.
  • Place the cream and milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat. 
  • Bring to the boil and remove from heat.
  • Quickly whisk together the yolks and caster sugar in a large bowl until just combined. 
  • Pour the hot cream mixture over the top and whisk again until combined.
  • Strain the mixture through a fine sieve then pour into 4 x 180ml ramekins.
  • Cover with foil and bake the brûlées in a bain marie for 60 minutes or until set but with a slight wobble. 
  • Remove and rest for 20 minutes at room temperature before refrigerating for 4 hours or until cold.
  • To serve, sprinkle each brûlée with demerara sugar and caramelise using a blowtorch.












2 comments:

  1. Looks amazing ~ I must try! I always though they would be hard to make. If you are ever in Melbourne you must try the to-die-for Creme Brulee at Guy Grossi's Merchant xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was pretty good Fiona you should definitely give it a try & let me know how goes! I try to get to Melbourne a couple of times a year so will definitely visit Merchant as per your recommendation. Thanks so much for following, lots more to come xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...