Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Recipe - Easy Creme Brulee

  • My husband is a big fan of Creme Brulee but I've always been a little scared to attempt it myself, that is, until Saturday. I found a super easy recipe care of French favourite Guillaume Brahimi and put my twist on it. Here it is and FYI it was delicious and easier than I first thought!

    Serves 4 

Ingredients
  • 300ml pure cream
  • 200ml milk
  • 100g egg yolks (from 5 eggs)
  • 70g caster sugar
  • 30g demerara sugar
*For a sweet twist add two drops of vanilla essence or 1 vanilla pod scraping the seeds into the milk and cream mixture.


Method:
  • Preheat oven to 130°C.
  • Place the cream and milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat. 
  • Bring to the boil and remove from heat.
  • Quickly whisk together the yolks and caster sugar in a large bowl until just combined. 
  • Pour the hot cream mixture over the top and whisk again until combined.
  • Strain the mixture through a fine sieve then pour into 4 x 180ml ramekins.
  • Cover with foil and bake the brûlées in a bain marie for 60 minutes or until set but with a slight wobble. 
  • Remove and rest for 20 minutes at room temperature before refrigerating for 4 hours or until cold.
  • To serve, sprinkle each brûlée with demerara sugar and caramelise using a blowtorch.












2 comments:

  1. Looks amazing ~ I must try! I always though they would be hard to make. If you are ever in Melbourne you must try the to-die-for Creme Brulee at Guy Grossi's Merchant xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was pretty good Fiona you should definitely give it a try & let me know how goes! I try to get to Melbourne a couple of times a year so will definitely visit Merchant as per your recommendation. Thanks so much for following, lots more to come xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget