Sunday, October 7, 2012

High Tea Hyatt Style

This post is a little over-due but with spring in full-swing what better time is there to blog about High Tea. I love a good high tea. There is something vintage, ceremonial and lady-like about it and I cant get enough. 

Whether you do it as a girlie catch-up, birthday celebration, bridal shower it's just so gorgeous. I love the little sandwiches, petit fours, the scones, the cakes - I'm sure you the picture. It's just so pretty, damn it!

Moving right along, a couple of months ago I caught up with a friend of mine who wanted to try out the Hyatt's High Tea and I so kindly obliged to join her. Truth is we hadn't seen each other for ages and she wanted to treat me for my birthday, which was so lovely of her.

So what did we eat? I'm a savoury girl myself so had the sausage rolls, mini quiches and savoury tarts but you can't do high tea without getting into the sweet stuff so I tried that too, my verdict - pretty good value and a nice afternoon out. Next high tea venue The Duchess Bar and this time it's my treat! 

All the info: 
Patrons enjoy a relaxing afternoon of high tea with finger food between 3 and 5pm daily in the Conservatory Lounge. Sweet and savoury items including in sandwiches, cakes, pastries and puddings. There's also a lovely pianist who plays while you indulge - so lovely.Guests also get bottomless sparkling wine, tea and coffee all for $48

For more information visit the website

Getting stuck into sweets
What's high tea without bubbles? 
Endless trays of puddings, tarts and torte

Sloane indulging in a sweet-treat or two!
So many choices where to begin?
Pots of chocolate goodness - yum!



1 comment:

  1. Looks absolutely yummy and delightful. I love high tea with my girlfriends.

    PS: I'd like to invite to join the Bosisto's giveaway at my blog, I have 4 lavender packs up for grabs here: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2012/10/bosistos-lavender-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...